Sunday, July 28, 2013

What does 17.5" mean to you?

     In a word; Comfort!
     I noticed this at a hotel on the last trip I was on and noticed it again this morning in the hotel I was staying at. Here's the poop...er, scoop...
     Yesterday was the Michigan Brewers Guild Summer Beer Festival in Ypsilanti, MI.

      Afterwards, we all went to our hotel to relax. I got my own room and then this morning I noticed three things:
     1. The toilet opening seemed really small compared to what I'm used to at home
     2. The toilet height from the floor was exceedingly LOW.
     3. I slammed the lid down afterwards. Wow! That really made a loud noise! I'm used to a seat that closes gently by itself at home.

The Hotel Toilet


     Crap! I could barely stand up after sitting down on it. 
     As a result, I began to really appreciate the toilets I recently installed at home. Our toilet seat opening is much larger and the seat itself is much higher above the floor. It is 17.5" high in fact!

Nose Bleed Territory! 17.5 Inches Above the Floor!

     The Hotel toilet was a "round" Kohler water saver...



     and our home toilets are "elongated" Kohlerwater saver toilets.


Kohler Cimarron Elongated Toilet

     Believe me, if you aren't as spry as you were in your younger days, install a new Kohler Cimarron elongated toilet. You will appreciate three things:
  1. It is 17.5" high and very easy to stand up from. It's called a Comfort Height toilet.
  2. The elongateed opening makes "things" easier afterwards...suffice it to say that there is plenty of room
  3. Both the toilet seat and lid close gently on their own. No slamming down of the seat!
     The final thing everyone wonders about is whether the 1.6 Gallon or less flushing toilets will really flush down all the crap. Let me tell you, this toilet has NEVER failed to flush everything down. You actually use only 1.28 Gallons per flush but if you hold the handle down, you use 1.6 Gallons.
     So if you are finding your current toilet to be a pain in the a$$, install a new toilet. I recommend you pick the Kohler Cimarron or similar toilet. You'll be glad you did.
     If you are interested in it, here is a link to it at Lowes.

     Enjoyed my blog? Subscribe to my blog to see future posts. I'm sure I will come up with another new topic to talk about soon.





1 comment:

  1. I'll vouch for your higher toilets, John. But you really need to install some flat toilet seats. those sloping ones are not comfy for those of us houseguests who enjoy extended "sits" while we play Yahtzee.

    ReplyDelete