Sunday, July 26, 2015

Kool Tie Review 

Keep your body cool in heat and humidity

  Keeping your body cool in heat and humidity is important if you live in a hot climate or during a hot summer day. I decided to try out a Kool Tie this weekend. I bought mine at REI but you can buy them elsewhere. 
  
  What is it?
  This is a cloth filled with water absorbing crystals. You tie it around your neck and then rotate the outer facing cloth towards your neck whenever you feel too warm. The outer surface evaporates water a little at a time so when you rotate it towards your neck, you instantly feel cooling taking place. Throughout the day, you just rotate it every 10 to 15 minutes to cool down. 

  What does it do?
Kool Tie packaging

  It can keep you cool for days and no refrigeration is needed. 

  How do you use it?
  You soak the whole thing in water for 30 minutes or so and the Kool Tie will go from flat to fat and become about an inch in diameter. Take it out of the water and hang it for a few minutes to get the excess water off it. Then you either begin wearing it or in my case, I put it inside a zip lock bag until I was ready to use it the next day. It says not to store it in a plastic bag because it could mildew but overnight is fine.


Wearing my Kool Tie (what else is in the picture? Hawaiian Lei and Pretzel Necklace string)
   What do you do when you're done using it?
  Hang it in either the bathroom or anywhere else to dry. Once it is completely dry, you will be able to feel the crystals again and it will be flat.

Hanging up to dry
  Here are the instructions printed on the packaging.
Kool Tie Instructions
  What did I think of it?
  I wore it all day yesterday. It was HOT Hot hot all day long and I was at a Summer Beerfest outside. I have to admit when you rotate it on your neck, you instantly feel a cooling effect. I was afraid the my shirt and collar would become soaked but neither seemed to get wet. I was very impressed. 

  Would I recommend it?
  Yes! It is $11 at REI and it's better than pouring ice down your shirt! Oh, I almost forgot. They come in lots and lots of colors. The packaging claims it can last for days and seeing what it looked like the next day, I think they are correct. You could wet it once and use it for several days.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment