Saturday, July 6, 2013

Retracing Our Past Through Travel - Day Eight

     Today was a travel day. We are heading home now and will make the final drive tomorrow. Today we drove from Mankato, MN to Marinette, WI, a total of 403 miles. We set a new miles per gallon record in my sister's Prius. She hit 66 MPG on the last leg! Do you believe it! The Prius is one of the best designed cars I have seen in a long time. Why pay $32,000 for a Volt that has limited range when you can buy a Prius C for $21,000 and get over 50 mpg and go over 450 miles on a tank?

     At one point I saw a cute little outhouse by a house as we zipped by and made my sister turn around so I could photograph it. The pic's are on my other camera so I will add them later to this blog.
     After arriving in Marinette, we visited the graves of my father's family and the flowers we planted there last weekend are doing very well.

Where My Dad and his Family are Buried


Saying Hello to my Dad
      Next we went to Mickey Lu's BBQ and I ordered four (4) double hamburgers and a malt. The waitress couldn't believe it and said she had to watch me eat them. I did!


4 Double Hamburgers with a Malt
Cooking My Double Hamburgers


First One


Fourth Double!
     And this ends today's update. I hope all of you are happy and healthy as you read this...








No comments:

Post a Comment